Last updated: May 2019
Finally summer has arrived! Hopefully you’re making the most of this short season and stocking up on all the summer essentials. That means hot dogs, buns, burgers and of course, beer! What good is a summer party or barbeque without the right selection of beer?
Let us help you make the best summer beer cave to boost business and better serve your customers this season. Plus, since alcohol is a popular choice for many holidays, it might make sense to keep your beer cave up year-round.
While it may sound expensive to build a beer cave, by utilizing shelving units you may already have on-hand, you can transform your cooler or any free space into a beer cave quickly and on-budget.
Simply follow these steps to create your summer beer cave with Handy Store Fixtures:
- Basic gondola shelving units can be repurposed into a beer cave to hold six packs and other lighter weight items.
- Purchase at least one heavy duty unit to hold any of the larger, heavier bottles and cases of alcohol.
- Utilize your wall space by including wall unit shelving. We recommend placing colorful and light bottles of alcohol here to draw customers over to the area.
- While it can be a slight splurge, many stores find it beneficial to have a retail checkout counter in the beer cave so customers can make their alcohol purchases quickly and easily.
- Use our selection of floor layouts to help you best plan the layout of your new beer cave.
If you don’t have a ton of space in your store, you’ll have to consider the pros and cons of building such a space. However, you can always tailor your beer cave to fit your store. By varying the types of shelving units you install, you’ll be able to create a functional area that will increase your business, especially during these party-filled months of summer.
Browse Handy Store Fixtures for a wide selection of liquor store shelving units, colors, styles and advice on how to get started.