Just when you think the holidays are over, Valentine’s Day comes sneaking around the corner. But don’t stow away those Christmas display shelves just yet! If you have red painted shelves leftover from the holidays, recycle them into your Valentine’s Day displays. Here are a few ways to enhance your store for Valentine’s Day this year.
- Festive Store Shelving: As we mentioned above, painted shelves that correspond with holiday colors are a great way to bring a festive feel into your store. Add red, white or pink shelves to your existing displays to really cheer up your store for the holiday.
- Love is in the Air: Anything red, pink and heart-shaped goes for Valentine’s Day. Even if you don’t sell Valentine’s Day specific items, adding these decorations to your store might entice people to purchase little odds ‘n’ ends for their loved ones. Take advantage of window displays with eye-catching Valentine’s displays and be sure to announce any promotions you’re running towards the front of the store to draw in customers.
- Be Strategic with Impulse Item Placement: If you sell candy, wrapping supplies, greeting cards or any other item that might be useful to a Valentine’s Day shopper, keep them near the cash wrap. They may not have considered that they need a small gift bag for the present they had purchased, and having it within arm’s reach of the register will make buying an extra item easy.
- Offer a Valentine’s Day Themed Contest or Promotion: Everyone loves a good theme! Hold fun little drawings leading up to the holiday or run a special where select items are marked down to $2.14. Lead up to a grand prize on Valentine’s Day such as a gift basket with a few products inside.
- Send Cupid’s Arrow to Social Media: Use this as a time to find out “why customers love you.” Post a survey asking for feedback on what customers love and what they think you could be doing better. Even ask them to review your store online. Also, take the opportunity to send some love to your customers. Thank them for their patronage and let them know you appreciate their continued support. You can extend the in-store promotions you’re running online or even do a separate giveaway.
Festive store shelves, Valentine’s Displays, strategic impulse items and promotions that show how much you value your customers are all great ways to spread the love of the holiday.