Here's Another Handy Idea: Top Ways to Effectively Display Your Electronic Equipment
What’s the most awkward thing you display in your store? Printers? iPods? Fax machines? These bulky, and sometimes strangely shaped, objects can be a challenge when it comes to retail displays.
The iPods can get lost in a display that’s too large and printers can end up taking up space you can’t afford to lose. So what are you supposed to do?
Get creative! There are a variety of inventive ways to display your electronic equipment. Try some of these great techniques to make your electronics stand out.
Play with Lighting Elements
You can’t really make a printer look cool, but with the right lighting, you can turn any display shelf into a focal point:
- Use rope lighting under your gondola shelving units to draw attention to your featured printers and fax machines.
- Or, use backlit signs and images on transparent signs to display popular brands or sale signs. Making these catch the consumer's eye will entice them to give your products a second look.
- Spotlights are another great way to showcase things like iPods. The brighter lighting will make even the smallest electronic accessory stand out from your diplays.
Perfect Your Color Palette
It's 2013. This is the year you're supposed to be all about green. And, I'm sure you already are thinking green since you're hoping to make money on your electronics. Emerald green is a great color to use in your displays. Not only will it show you are on top of trends, but it will make your customers automatically think that those products are new.
Some eye-catching color schemes to use in your displays:
- Blue, brown, black and white - These colors make a playful combination, but also show authority.
- Blue, gray and white - A very minimal color scheme allows the focus to stay on the electronics.
- Red, black and white - The inclusion of black in this color palette gives it authority and subtlety.
Once you master these two important aspects of retail displays, it won't even matter how awkward your electronics are. Display the printers, iPods or electronic accessories in the best way you can and focus more on the lighting and color palette.