Your store fixtures will work for you if you arrange them so that you allow for free movement and maximum merchandise exposure.
As such here are some things to avoid in your floor plan:
- Long aisles that can be overwhelming as well as claustrophobic for shoppers.
- Dead ends that make shoppers feel trapped.
- Narrow entrances and tight departments that don’t allow for free movement and “breathing room.”
- Small U-shaped displays that only allow for one shopper to comfortably shop in the area is not giving the merchandise in that area maximum exposure.
- Aisles and long floor displays and that are parallel with the main aisle that can disrupt natural traffic flow.
- Having too many floor displays, which interfere (create a wall) as well as compete with promotional end units.