Your store atmosphere can determine if customers enter your store to shop, purchase merchandise, and return for more items. These shoppers will help or hurt your store reputation by talking with their peers about the store atmosphere and their shopping experience. Use this guide to determine what your store atmosphere expresses:
- Color Schemes – Choosing colorful gondolas, custom shelving, or wood store fixtures that align with your brand image can help your retail establishment attract new customers and stand out among the competition.
- Signage – Visible signage is essential to the store atmosphere. To improve customers shopping experience, signage should clearly direct them to their desired merchandise, and visibly state prices.
- Merchandising Mix – Carrying a balanced mix of promotional and other merchandise for your store’s demographic will persuade customers to return to the store and increase your reputation.
- Visual Presentation – Take into consideration the size and shape of the sales floor and types of products being sold before purchasing shelving and fixtures. A store layout should be planned with the proper combination of shelving, fixtures, end caps and checkout counters to make a spacious and convenient store atmosphere. This planning will ensure customers are exposed to merchandise which will lead to increased sales.
- Staff – Hire a friendly team of employees and train them with different sales techniques to increase profits, decrease shoplifting, and properly handle customer inquiries and complaints.
- Sounds - Music is essential to creating a specific store atmosphere for shoppers. Have multiple appropriate soundtracks so shoppers and employees don’t get bored, and test out the sound level to ensure it can be heard throughout the store.
- Lighting – Daylight is the latest trend for creating the right ambiance for customers. However, you should also include lighting flexibility and style.
- Store Cleanliness - Keep your store clean and organized. A dirty, messy store can send a message of low-quality products and service without the potential customer walking around. On the other hand, a clean and organized store ensures a positive shopping experience.
The items in this guide can impact the store atmosphere and profits. Need help with planning your retail store? Call the Handy Store Fixtures experts today at 1-800-631-4280.