The sights and sounds of your retail establishment can determine if customers come in, stay to shop, buy merchandise and return often. These are shoppers that will spread the word by talking about their positive shopping experience. So, what does your store atmosphere say through its:
- Color Schemes – Colorful gondolas or even custom or wood store fixtures can make your retail establishment draw crowds or stand out among the competition.
- Signage – Visible signage can help guide customers to the merchandise they want and make their shopping experience pleasant. In most all cases, making prices visible is important to shoppers as well.
- Merchandising Mix – Carrying enough promotional items and having the proper ratio of good, better and best items for your store’s demographic can keep customers coming back and help with word-of-mouth advertising.
- Visual Presentation – The right combination of end caps, shelving, displays, and even checkout counters as determined by the size and shape of the sales floor and type of products is important for getting customers to not only see the products buy also convincing them to buy.
- Staff – Your retail store personnel can hurt your business. No sour pusses, please! Hire a friendly team and work with them to increase sales through tried and true sales techniques, to decrease shoplifting by being aware of their surroundings, and to teach them how to properly handle a venting customer successfully.
- Sounds - Playing music in a retail store can help create a certain atmosphere for shoppers. Just make sure the music is appropriate and set at the right sound level.
- Lighting – Daylighting seems to be the latest trend that is working with creating the right ambiance for customers. However, you also have to include lighting flexibility and style in this category.
- Store Cleanliness - Keep your store clean and organized. A dirty, messy store can send a message of low-quality products and service without the potential customer even having to look around. On the other hand, a clean and organized store ensures a positive shopping experience.
Any or all of these things can make or break a retail store so plan it well. Need help with a retail store floor and fixtures plan? Call the Handy Store Fixtures experts today at 1-800-631-4280.